Monday 27 February 2012

A Hail Of Bullets- Graphic design Typography project

I started my typography project by looking at possible wordplay within the metaphor 'A Hail of Bullets'  The word hail could also be used in the weather sense with the word 'Bullets' being the hail that's falling

I also made an animation where the word bullet is being fired from the word of. A Hail of makes up the figure of the man in this picture.

Also playing on the more literal meaning of Hail of Bullets I made a bullet hole version of the metaphor.











I also looked at playing around with the lettering like i saw in a graphic design magazine where the I from hail drops down to become the second L of bullets






Another offset from the hail and weather connection was the use of the words 'A Hail of'' as the cloud and bullets in very small size to represent the hail.


My final idea is the words 'Hail' and Bullets' in a different colour which changes the meaning of the metaphor to a statement about the addiction to power and power of firearms. The words Hail Bullets are faintly behind to symbolise a type of subliminal messaging which is used to create a fascination with guns and their power to kill

No comments:

Post a Comment